The Seahorse B&B - Soverato - Calabria - Italy
Request of availability and informations
If you landed on this page, probably you enjoyed the other sections
of the website and we would like to thank you for your interest.
If you wish to check the availability of the bedrooms please fill out
the form below.
Before proceeding we invite you to spend just another minute and read
the section "Those
who..." inspired by an ironical Italian old song.
You can use the form below also to request a voucher for a holiday in
our B&B, a
cooking class or an
course, offering a stay in a comfortable, pleasant and sunny
place to someone special for you.
* mandatory information
The request for availability is not
binding, but we invite you to read now our
Terms and Conditions of our
According to the art. 13 of the legislative decree n. 196 of 2003, we
inform you that your personal data present on any e-mail or on the form
that you send us, could be processed for promotional and marketing
purposes; the handling of personal data will be carried out through
computer means able to store and manage the data, with tools suitable to
guarantee security and confidentiality. Your information will not be
disclosed to third parties and you can request the deletion of them at
A globetrotter is aware that the greatest wealth of this fabulous
world is its diversity.
Whatever is your sexual and political orientation, the colour of your
skin and your faith you will always be more than welcome at The Seahorse
We do not believe that The Seahorse B&B is the right place for those
- Those who... “I did a tour in the African savannah and it
was full of mosquitoes and flies. That sucks!”
- Those who... “I waited more than half an hour on the main
street of Soverato and there were no taxis available. Such a shame!”
- Those who... “I’m Olympic champion of cigarette butt
- Those who... “I was in Soverato in August and I was sweating
- Those who... “the customer is always right.”
- Those who... “the bathrooms are equipped with Jacuzzi?”
- Definitions: in the following Terms and Conditions, the terms
“B&B”, “We” and “Us” refer to The Seahorse / Il Cavalluccio Marino
B&B of Matteo Montepaone; the terms “Applicant” and “Guest” refer
to, respectively, those who send the request of availability and
those who sign the present contract; the term “Fellows” refers to
those that, despite not having signed this contract, jointly to the
guest are hosted in the B&B and their compliance to the contract is
guarantee by the guest. The hours are to be understood in size 0-24.
- Booking in 3 steps.
- Request availability: the request of availability doesn’t
involve any commitment for the applicant. It can be performed
filling out the form in the section “book now” of the website of
the B&B or even by telephone, fax or e-mail. The request should
be as comprehensive as possible, specifying all the needs, such
as the car park, an extra bed for children or the pick up at the
- Confirmation of availability: the B&B will send the
confirmation of availability by fax or e-mail within 24h of
receiving the request. The confirmation of availability will
details all the services included and excluded, the dates of
stay and will be effective for the next 24 hours after the
- Booking: if the applicant is happy with the confirmation of
availability can accept it paying 50% of the total cost of stay
as down payment, according to the method of payment referred to
in art 5. The reservation should be made within 24 hours of
sending the confirmation of availability. If the applicant
decides to book according to the confirmation of availability,
but after the 24 hours of sending, the applicant should check
the persistence of availability. If the applicant performs a
payment after the 24 hours without check the persistence of
availability, the B&B reserves the right to accept the late
booking or communicate the cancellation of the reservation
returning the sums received.
- Exemptions: art. 2 letters A, B and C are to be understood
waived by other rules, in the event that the reservation is made
through intermediaries (i.e. Booking.com, trivago.com, airbnb.com or
- Deposit: upon arrival, the guest will pay to the B&B the amount
of €/£ 100,00 for each bedroom booked as deposit interest-bearing.
The sum will be refunded at the end of the stay, after checking the
condition of the furniture and the observance of any contractual
- How to pay: the down payment, referred to in art. 2 lett. C),
can be paid by bank transfer or Paypal. Upon arrival, after viewing
the rooms and exhibiting an identity document valid for both guest
and fellows, the guest must pay in advance the remaining price for
the entire stay. The B&B accepts checks, except that one of Italian
- Prices: are per whole stay, per bedroom and includes breakfast.
Special rates can be arranged for those who don’t want to have
breakfast. The prices are indicated in the Confirmation of
- Minimum stay: the minimum stay between January and May and
between October and December are 3 nights; between June and
September is 5 nights. The B&B reserves the right to derogate this
article, in order to increase the occupancy.
- Children: children between age 0 and 3 years are hosted for
free, within the limit of one per room. Children between the age of
4 and 10 are entitled to receive a discount, which will be
communicated in the confirmation of availability. Children are
accepted only if accompanied by a parent or a guardian.
- Check-in and Check-out times: the check-in time is from 12.00
until 22.00. Guest should inform the B&B per time of the need to
check-in at different times which must be agreed. Check-out is
between 08.00 and 10.00.
- Breakfast: is served between 7.30 till 10.00.
- Cleaning rooms: the cleaning of the rooms and the common spaces
is done every day between 10.00 and noon. Change of linen and towels
every three days, always between 10:00 and noon.
- Cancellation policy: you can cancel your booking until midnight
the day before arrival however down payments will not be refunded as
per art. 2 lett. C.
- No show: the cancellation on the day of arrival is equivalent to
the non-presentation of the client, so-called "No show"; in such
case the guest have to pay the price of the full booked stay.
- Early departure: if the guest and/or any fellows decide to leave
early before the scheduled departure date, the full price of the
stay will apply.
- Inability to offer the service: the B&B does not perform any
policy of overbooking and the impossibility of being able to offer
the service can only be caused by a unforeseen circumstances that
are any event or occurrence that is not predictable and not
dependent on the will of the owner of the B&B. In such cases, the
B&B will attempt to find an alternative accommodation of the same
class and, if this is not possible, the B&B will refund all money
paid to the B&B.
- Unauthorized persons: for reasons of Health and Safety, it is
forbidden for guests and fellows to access the facilities of the B&B
with non-registered people. Any reasonable exceptions must be agreed
in advance with the owner of the B&B.
- Integrity of the facilities: guests and fellows are obliged to
respect the integrity of the facilities, the furnishings and the
household goods, as well as comply with the rules of civil
coexistence, the principles of good neighborliness and have to
respect fully the rules referred in this contract.
- Lost property: the B&B disclaims no liability for any personal
items left unattended in the rooms and common areas, by guests and
- Use of rooms: for Health and Safety reasons it is forbidden to
cook in the rooms, using ovens for camping or similar equipment.
- Disability and reduced mobility: we have always been very
attentive to the needs of people living with disabilities. Ours is a
very small business and unfortunately we are unable to offer a
service compatible with the requirements of the above mentioned
categories. The rooms are upstairs and there are no elevators
available unfortunately. The bathrooms have spacious showers 90cm x
90cm but also a shower tray with a step of about 5 cm from the
floor. It is our deep desire in the future to be able to offer a
product with no architectural barriers.
- Hours of rest: we are located in a very quiet residential area
where we need to respect the following quiet hours: from 24.00 to
08.00 and between 14.30 and 16.30.
- Smoking: is forbidden to smoke in the bedrooms and in all the
common spaces of the house. All bedrooms have balconies, where
smoking is allowed. We rely on the common sense of guests and
fellows when smoking in the porch in the presence of other people
and especially children.
- Pets: we love dogs and cats and know the difficulties to face,
to arrange a holiday together our four-legged friends. However the
B&B is not yet equipped with facilities appropriate to host pets.
Reptiles, spiders and other exotic animals we like to visit them in
their natural habitat or admire them on National Geographic but not
in the B&B.
- Common Spaces: upon arrival guests will be shown all the common
areas of the house. Use of the kitchen, both for health and Safety
reasons and for logistical reasons, is not available to guests and
fellows except for Moms & Dad who need to warm up baby food and
distil bottles, as well as for those who want to enjoy our popular
- Interruption of the stay: the guest who will not comply with the
rules in this terms and conditions, will be warned verbally or will
incur in the immediate termination of the stay, without any refund.
- Ecology and Low cost in two points
- Air conditioning: it is included in the price of the stay
and the usage is at complete discretion of the guest. The B&B
doesn’t possess any kind of limitation of use of air
conditioning. However we would like to ask all guests to respect
the B&B’s environmental policy and manage the air conditioning
system in an intelligent way, by turning it off when they leave
the bedroom. Our air conditioning system is of the latest
generation and is able to cool down or heat up the bedrooms in a
few minutes. If the guest would like to find the room at a
specifically desired temperature when returns home, it will be
enough to send us a text message and we will turn the air
conditioning system on before the return to the B&B of the
- Water: there is a large tank which ensures water even in the
case of maintenance to the water supply. The hot water is
provided by a gas-boiler and is always immediately available at
any time of the day. Just the same as with the air conditioning,
there is no limitation of use of water either in the house.
However the B&B would be grateful to guest and fellows if they
could avoid any unnecessary waste. Calabria is a region of high
drought and water is a very precious element. We trust in
guests’ common sense.
- Extra services available in the B&B
- Baby-sitting: we love babies and we can offer baby-sitting
services upon request.
- Cooking classes: cooking is our passion. We give lessons of
rustic cooking if required.
- Italian and English language courses: we have 10 years of
professional experience in English speaking countries and we
teach English and Italian for foreigners in our B&B. Italian is
our mother tongue language.
- Transfers/Transportation: one return transfer to the beach
of Soverato/Davoli is included in the price per room per day. We
can also offer pick up service from the airport or from the
- Parking: our area is very quiet and no car theft has been
reported in the past decades. We can offer three parking spaces
for our guests.
- Bicycle: bikes are available on request, free of charge.
Deposit on the bikes is required.
- Language and Jurisdiction: the language of this contract is
Italian and the English translation is only for reference. The
contract is subjected to the Italian law and jurisdiction. For any
dispute is competent to judge exclusively the Court of Catanzaro.